- B.S., New Mexico State University 1960
- Ph.D., Ohio State 1964
- Sabbatical, Stanford 1975
Research (during tenure)
Dr. Alexander’s research interests lie in the area of chemical education with particular emphasis in the development of new techniques for teaching general chemistry. These activities have resulted in the invention of numerous lecture demonstrations.
- Pure and Applied Chemistry. M. D. Alexander,Wiley Custom Services, (2001)
- The Ammonia Smoke Fountain: An Interesting Thermodynamic Adventure M. D. Alexander, J. Chem. Ed., 1999, 76, 210-211
- Chemical Domino Demonstration. M. D. Alexander, J. Chem Ed., 1998, 75, 490-494
- Combustion of Hydrocarbons: A Stoichiometry Demonstration M. D. Alexander, J. Chem. Ed., 70, 327 (1993).
- Reactions of the Alkali Metals With Water: A Novel Demonstration M. D. Alexander, J. Chem. Ed., 69, 418 (1992)