Las Cruces is the second largest city in New Mexico. It is well-loved for its arid desert climate and 350 days of sunshine a year. We sit about 40 minutes north of El Paso, Texas, which provides access to an international airport. You will find many amenities, places to eat, affordable housing, and an abundance of outdoor activities with the Organ-Mountains Desert Peaks National Monument and White Sands National Monument in our backyard. Festivals abound throughout the year, celebrating our local salsa, wine, and chiles, and an award-winning Farmer’s Market takes over downtown each Saturday and Wednesday. Named the 3rd best place to visit in 2019 by the Money Magazine website, Las Cruces offers unique landscapes and great outdoor activities.
- Las Cruces is also known as “The City of the Crosses”
- 101,324 (as of 2013)
Closest International Airport:
Distances from Las Cruces:
- 10 miles – Organ Mountains
- 40 miles – Hatch, NM – Green Chile Capital of the World!
- 44 miles – Spaceport America
- 45 miles – El Paso, TX
- 225 miles – Albuquerque, NM
- 389 miles – Phoenix, AZ
Local Favorite Restaurants:
- Habaneros – known for their “Welcome Soup,” great tacos, and incredible salsa
- Zeffiro Pizzeria – great pizzas and fresh bread
- El Sombrero Patio Cafe – casual Mexican fare
- A Bite of Belgium – Belgium waffles with all the toppings